TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Mortgage Desk Referral Program and Gift Cards
The terms and conditions set out below are for The Mortgage Desk Referral Program for new mortgage originations. Referral Gift Cards may be awarded for a regular referral of a potential mortgage client (“Referred Person”), where a gift card is issued to the Referrer. Self-referrals are eligible, where a gift card is awarded directly to an individual who is an applicant on file. There will be a maximum total amount of $1000 in gift card value per funded mortgage application. There is no limit on number of referrals an individual can make.
- The Referred Person can be yourself, your spouse, your partner, your friend, your relative, your co-worker or other any other acquaintance.
- The calculated amount of the gift card will be determined as $100 for every $100,000 (or portion of) in funded mortgage amount, to a maximum calculated amount of $1000, unless otherwise authorized by The Mortgage Desk. For example, suppose you refer your cousin, and they complete a $775,000 mortgage with us, we will issue you a gift card in the amount of $775.
- Gift Card options are as follows:
- Best Buy
- Apple Store
- The Home Depot
- Other gift card issuers may be approved, case by case, at the sole discretion of The Mortgage Desk.
- In lieu of a gift card, a donation may be made to a registered charitable organization of the Referred Person’s and/or Referrer’s choice.
- For the Realtor Referral Program, the expense fund calculated amount may be used to cover other items such as closing gifts, welcome baskets, birthday gifts, in combination with gift cards.
- The Mortgage Desk Referral Program applies only to applications where the Referrer is indicated to The Mortgage Desk or its agents, directly in writing or via website intake form, prior to receipt of the initial mortgage application.
- In the event that the Referred Person is already a past or existing client of The Mortgage Desk or is in its database at the date of referral, or if The Mortgage Desk has already received their details but has not yet entered them on to their database, then no gift card will be issued.
- Gift cards will be awarded after the mortgage loan has funded, unless specified via promotional opportunity or otherwise.
- All gift card recipients must be living in Canada at the time of funding of the mortgage.
- Any cost or fee paid for or reimbursed by The Mortgage Desk related to the mortgage transaction will be deducted from the calculated amount.
- Referred Persons may only be referred to The Mortgage Desk once, other than self-referrals. In the event that a Referred Person is referred to The Mortgage Desk by more than one Referrer, then only the first person to make the referral will be eligible for a referral gift card.
- The Referred Person must be notified and have consented to their details being passed to The Mortgage Desk before the date of the referral. This is the responsibility of the Referrer and is subject to Canada Legislation including data protection laws. The Referrer indemnifies The Mortgage Desk for any loss or claim arising out of the Referrer’s failure to procure such consent.
- The Mortgage Desk reserves the right to amend or discontinue all or part of the terms of The Mortgage Desk Referral Program at any time without notice.
- You understand that you may only provide a “simple” referral (eg. the name(s), contact information, and transaction type/amount) for a Referred Person. Further, while you are permitted to mention products and services offered by The Mortgage Desk, you will not give or offer advice about mortgage related activities on behalf of The Mortgage Desk or its agents. Under no circumstance will you market publicly or privately for the purpose of attracting potential Referred Persons. You also confirm that The Mortgage Desk has explicitly advised you that the above noted activities are not permitted by Provincial and/or Federal regulators, or any other applicable regulatory bodies.
- The Mortgage Desk accepts no liability for any tax obligations or charges arising out of the provision of the gift card to the gift card recipient. The gift card recipient is solely responsible for his or her own tax obligations on the receipt of the gift card. To the extent applicable, the responsibility for any payment of tax related to the referral gift card lies with the gift card recipient.
- The Referrer agrees that The Mortgage Desk will not be held liable for any loss or claim arising out of the use of the referral gift card.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to The Mortgage Desk Referral Program, the decision of The Mortgage Desk shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into